Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
21 Aug 2007
Lies, lies, and more lies ...........
I recently got dumped by a woman. Why? I still have no idea. The reasons keep changing on a daily basis and I realised recently how much she lied to me and to people areound us. We were in love with each other and when she broke it off, she told somone close to us that it was just a "fling". This hurt me initially as well as all of the other nasty things she said. All of this makes me wonder what type of person she really is. I never did anything to hurt her nor did I ever tell her to get out of my life. We had an amazing relationship until she decided enough was enough. I respect that and I accept that this is what she wants. But why must she lie about everything. Why tell me such nasty things and why become something that I know is not her. She has forced me to walk away, reluctantly I may add. Each day seems to get better and I am starting to see things a lot clearer. I know in my heart that it is only a matter of time before she realises what she has lost. Will it be too late, I dont know. What I do know is that it is not fair to lie to people and to play with someone's feelings. What goes around comes around...
Well, V, from the sound of it, you are well rid of her, and have iscovered that she was not at all what she semed to be. She sounds as though she was a hurtful person arising from her personality and behaviour, rather than that this was something specifically about you. If she lies, then you really don't know who she is. Don't take her back, she has revealed herself and her habits. Move on, learn from the experience, so as to be ebetter able to avoid such a situation in the future
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Ditch the itch – using bacteria to combat eczema flareups
- Why do lungs ‘wheeze’? Scientists tried to find out
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- Breast cancer: Is milk a risk factor?
- An obsession with ‘likes’ on social media akin to animals seeking food rewards, new study reports
- What we know about the charges against former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste
- The big picture | ‘The loss of humanity’: South Africa and the Global South’s battle for Covid-19 vaccine justice
- Karyn Maughan | How the WC Judge President has faced 10 major scandals, without any sanction
- Mark Gevisser | Covid-19: One year on, and a deepening inequality
- REFLECTION | Covid-19: How the basic education dept weathered the Covid-19 storm
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19408 votes