Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
09 Dec 2005
Life is not only black and white there is alot of grey.
I have read so much of broken hearts and love lost. Let me share my lifestory with you. A few years ago I fell deeply in love with a friend of mine. I was in relationship and so was he. In my relationship my partner loves me very much but I could never love him as he loved me, I was just in love with this friend of mine who was straight. This straight friend of mine loved me as a friend he could never love me the way I loved him, he loved his gf very much. At that point I decided I could not move on, I needed to tell him how I felt; I did; he was devasted by the news, but he understood and he could appreciate how much I really loved him. I told him that I loved his soul and heart and that sex was immaterial. I told him that I had deep need just to hold him, because I was emotionally attached to him. He understood my deep sense of love for him. The result has been quite bizarre but it has brought great joy to my life. He allows me often to sleep with him, those moments spend with him have changed my life, they have enriched life and made me a happy perosn. Both my partner and his gf dont know about our arrangement. It may sound bizarre, but its brought me great happiness. I know he is not attracted to me at all but because of his love for me as a friend he allows me to be with him. I have made peace with his sexuality and he with mine. The moral of my story is life is not white and black there is alot of grey inbetween where we have to find our own happiness without anyone getting hurt.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- 6 unhealthy eating behaviours on the rise during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Have introverts really fared better in lockdown?
- German court still assessing Markus Jooste's likelihood of conviction before main trial starts
- R250m available for Covid-19 vaccine 'no-fault compensation' fund - Mkhize
- Adriaan Basson | The white elephant in the troubled JSC room
- DearSA gears up for legal tussle with Dlamini-Zuma over compensation scheme
- Operation 'Catch-up' for Bok flanks Kolisi, Du Toit ... and will they square up?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 19986 votes