Ask an expert

22 Jan 2013

Looking for help in Durbs
I have a drinking problem and I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression disorder last year it becomes worse when I am drunk. I behave very badly when I am drunk and I am very scared because sometimes I fight with people and not remember what happened. I have a good job but I lose money and I also fight with my girlfriend. I do have medical aid. Where can I get good assistance in Durban
Answer 274 views

01 Jan 0001

By admitting that you do have a drinking problem, you've made the most important first step forward. ANd alcohol always makes anxiety and depression worse, at the time or later. Doing ANYTHING while drunk that you don't later remember is sinister and a clear sign of needing proper expert help.
YOur GP may be able to recommend a good specialist in alcohol and other addiction problems or a good rehab facility locally ; or see a general psychiatrist for assessment and a more specific recommendation of someone to work with.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.