Ask an expert

01 Jul 2005

Lost interest
i have lost interest in my long term relationship of 11yrs, should we go for councelling or what can we do?

my boyfriend is 33 and im 32 and we have a 3yr old son.
im working and he is not working. he lost his job in jan 2004 and at one time last year he told me that he is not interested in applying for jobs.

now he wants us to marry cos his prevous employer promised him a job. but i feel that he has to pay his debts first and save money for lobola and other things.

he is a good guy, but what really frustrates me is when he does not talk and i hear things from other people ---like when stores call because hes owing.

i would like to save the relationship cos theres a baby. what can i do?
Answer 353 views

01 Jan 0001

Why not go for counselling ? It could only help. Anything to do with his previous employer sounds like a daft reason for getting married before the proper preparations have been made, and before he gets a job.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19971 votes