Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
04 Apr 2006
marriage in crisis
After 14 years my husband has decided our marriage has fallen apart and has no chance of improving due to us having 'irreconsilable differences" My fustration with an unfilling job and scarcity of other jobs in my line of interest brings me down which leads to me being withdrawn which causes my husband to distance himself from me even further. These fustrations are fuelled even more with him spending up to 12 hours a day over weekends in front of the TV and keeping me awake with his snoring which has led to us spending most nights in different beds. We have been through downs because of these issues before but this time there does not seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel. I just cant bring myself to give up on a 14 year relationship with someone who I love dearly inspite of our problems. I just dont have any solutions as to how to make things ok again. Any suggestions???
I think courts ought to routinely refuse to acept any claims of "irreconcilable differences" unless the couple can prove that they both sincerely worked within marriage counselling to seek to reconcile whatever differences there were. What you describe in the relationship would be uncomfortable, but hardly unreconcilable. Maybe you'll need to consult a good local lawyer to press him towards seeing things in the same light as you
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- Scientists invent home Covid-19 test using coffee machine capsules
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- Obesity, diabetes not only increases risk of severe Covid - it increases the risk of being infected
- 10 ways to make yourself poop first thing in the morning
- Days of reckoning for Zuma and Hlophe: Will ConCourt and JSC imprison and push to impeach?
- With Edgars now in its stable, how does Legit-owner Retailability compare to its rivals?
- Eskom official went out of her way to help Econ Oil, and linked them up with Gigaba - probe report
- Adriaan Basson | The end of John Mandlakayise Hlophe, a judicial scoundrel and delinquent
- Trichomonas gallinae disease or canker killing birds in Eastern Cape?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9425 votes
68% - 19881 votes