Ask an expert

02 Feb 2004

Morning Doc,
I have a serious memory problem I always forget things or rather thinking I said something while the next person tell me I said the other. Is there where I can go for memory analysis or soomething I can do to improve my memory.
Answer 376 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear tete,
Check the forum archives, as I discussed in recent days, the range of possible causes for memory problems, and what best to do about it. Basically, the two types of experts who can best help check on a memory problem would be a psychiatrist ( having full medical training and psychiatric training ) or a neurologist ( also full medical training, but specializing in brain problems ),
The sort of problem you describe is often caused because one is stressed, or for some similar reason, you are not paying full attenton to these things you are forgetting -- so it'd be as if you're not taking down notes, and then don't find anything when you look for a note.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9380 votes
67% - 19432 votes