Ask an expert

27 Jul 2006

Miscarriage - recommend a psychologist?
Dear Doc,
I recently suffered a miscarriage. I realise now that I can't cope with it myself and that I need to go and see a psychologist. I am not sure where to make an appointment. Do I need to make an appointment at a psychologist or a psychiatrist? Can you please recommend someone to me (maybe a women docter if possible) in the Pretoria/Centurion area?

Thank you very much for your help.

Answer 353 views

01 Jan 0001

Sorry to hear about the miscarriage, Katy --- you are wise indeed to seek a counsellor. As I keep explaining here, I can't, for various excellent reasons, recommend specific shrinks. But your GP could, maybe even the gynae ; and for general counselling, I recommend calling FAMSA for some suggestions.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.