Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- ADHD Expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Asthma Expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Cough Expert
- Oral health expert
- Depression expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
- Sex expert
- Sinusitis Expert
- Sleep disorders expert
17 Nov 2004
my clock its ticking, and relationship is Confusing
I am in a long distance relationship, things are no longer the same btn us, whenever we talk we end up snapping at each other.Its two months now without any improvements.
He confessed that he is not seeing anyone, but we hardly communicate about us and the future of the relationship. Whenever i talk about it, he gives excuses that he is tired or he has too much work to do, or he wants to phone to his mother.
I am 26 and he si 30 yrs old. Do u think i should leave him alone? There is a nice guy waiting, but i want to make sure if its the right thing to do but there is no communication btn me and my man.
Please do advise me on how to tackle this relationship problem.
KGs, I suppose part of the problem with a long-distance relationship is that while it's at a distance, your daily lives are very different and don't intersect, so there's nothing much in common to talk about, and you can't quite keep on discussing the future of a relationship in the abstract. Generally, it's better to just get on with each one's daily life, until the separation is over, just keeping an aimiable contact. Men don't much like that sort of dscussion even under the best of circumstances, and probably even less so over a distance and at significant extra expense !
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Long Covid: In some people with mild illness, symptoms can linger for up to 9 months, study
- How the coronavirus mutates and what this means for the future of Covid-19
- New study shows how speaking while infected with Covid-19 can potentially spread the virus
- WATCH | Drinking coffee 'has no affect on sleep quality'
- Is there enough evidence to support the role of vitamin D for Covid-19? We asked an expert
- EFF's bid to unseal Ramaphosa campaign accounts 'not in the interests of justice' - CR17 committee
- SA to sell AstraZeneca vaccines to African Union to help 20 countries vaccinate health staff
- Residents up in arms as Atlantis cop appears in court for sexual harassment case
- Mining growth projects add glimmer of hope in dreary economic climate
- EXCLUSIVE | Former Bok coach Heyneke Meyer on Kolisi, White, Lions tour and SA's move up north
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9360 votes
67% - 19292 votes