Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
11 Aug 2010
me and my husband have been trying to have baby for such a long time, but not preggies. We both have been checked and probed but still no baby. My problem is that im thinking of names for my babies so much that it keeps me awake and that i cant fall asleep. i want a baby, but my situations is not easy. What is this all about please explain to me.
It sounds as though your concerns about having a baby have become maybe a bit too prominent in your thinking, causing anxiety and interfering with your sleep. Counselling could help you to get this into better perspective, and indeed experience suggests that if one becomes too anxious about it, that in itself may lower one's fertility, so that getting more relaxed about it can actually improve your chances.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Psychologists find a key reason for 'Zoom fatigue' and why women are more susceptible
- How Taiwan beat Covid-19 – new study reveals clues to its success
- Efforts to reduce coronavirus spread should focus on airborne transmission, not surfaces
- Why do children fare better than adults when infected with SARS-CoV-2? What latest research says
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- Absa chair says 'clashes' led to sudden departure of bank's first black CEO
- Over 60s encouraged to get the flu vaccine before Covid-19 jab
- Qaanitah Hunter | Why does politics have to be the only solution?
- School bullying: Video of pupil-on-pupil violence at yet another Eastern Cape school surfaces
- Stark truth: This is bleakest phase for Proteas since unity
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9438 votes
68% - 20011 votes