Ask an expert

13 Dec 2004

need a local clinical psychologist
hi there
i was wondering whether you know of any good shrinks that can help with an eating disorder in the cape region.any recommendations?a good,understanding one?

please help
Answer 350 views

01 Jan 0001

It's not that I'm against it ( but can you imagine the fury of those didn't recommend ? ) but can you understand how utterly impossible it would be to know, as even the medical Council and the Minister of Health does not know, the identity and whereabouts of every doc and shrink in practice, their contact details, their special interests, the methods they use --- and whether they're good folks worth recommending or shady characters or unskilled ? Impossible !
Ask your GP. And consider what special services could be available at your local medical Schools Dept of Psychiatry
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19431 votes