Ask an expert

03 Apr 2006

Need break/change or gonna go insane
Dear Doc

I'm in this deep dark hole at the moment and I don't know how to get out of it.

We've been trying to fall pregnant now for 2 years, I was pregnant twice but miscarried at an early stage. We are still trying and yesterday got my periods once again.

Hubby says that I'm getting obesessive etc and that's why nothing is happening.

My problem is that getting pregnant is all I could think of for the past 2 years. I know he is right. so I have to change but I just can't get it out of my mind.

It feels like my life is going by and I'm not enjoying it. I don't feel like having fun anymore and I just have this urge to break away from this and start al over. To enjoy things and have hobbies again. Not to live the same depressing routine anymore

But I just can't get the negative of my brain.

I've been doing affirmations and relaxation techniques to try and change my way of thinking (it used to work for me before) but it seems like I lost myself and it's like I just don't have the will to carry on and change. I thought about getting some kind of new activity I'm interested in, but nothing appeals to me.

What can I do for myself or how what can I do or read to help me over this curve?

I can't affor to see someone right now, so I just have to heal myself right now and become strong like I was before.
Answer 401 views

01 Jan 0001

We do notice hat sometimes when one gets oo desperate about wanting to fall pregnant, the resultant deree of stress and anxiety may actually lower one's fertility ( surpising how often we come across siuations in which a woman after giving up the attempt, soon falls pregnant ). It also sounds as though you may have been becoming Depressed, too, which wouldn't help ---but both aspects of the problem can be greatly helped of you would see a good local shrink for assessment and treatment. Explore what may be available at low or no cost through the Dept of psychiatry at your local medical school
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.