Ask an expert

05 Dec 2004

I wish to see a psychologist that specialises in comfort eating, over eating, low self esteem. Do you know of someone who comes highly recommended. I live in jhb.
Answer 331 views

01 Jan 0001

I doubt that any psych does or should , specialize quite so specifically, but there are a number with a special interest in eating disorders of various kinds. We don't recomment specific doctors or shrinks on this site, for a number of excellent reasons. But there should be an eating disorders unit at Tara, and either they might be able to help you, or to recommend some shrinks in the community who could help.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.