Ask an expert

09 Mar 2004

Please Help
I need help, please.I feel really anxious and scared right now, but I cannot figure out what is going on. I have a psychologist but cannot afford to go at the moment.
Idon't think I can cope today with haveing to deal with people, I have no support, everything is very overwhelming at this time.I am anxious, sweaty palms, feeling frustrated with myself, I can't talk to people, I feel uncomfortable in others company,I can't concentrat on my work, like there are to many things going through my head, Need to know the answers to what is going on, I hate myself for feeling this way, i want it to stop, I want my head to stop spinning, I need it to stop.Am I going crazy, I need to run away
Answer 360 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear TP,
Sounds like an Anxiety Disorder, which can respond really well to treatment, perhaps with a medication and also with some psychological help, specifically focussed on learning to feel confident and relaxed in social settings, rather than more diffuse counselling chats. You're certainly NOT going crazy, and you DON'T need to run away ( anyhow, you'd only find you'd be taking the anxiety with you ) As png suggests, because medication might be crucial in getting this put right, maybe you should see a psychiatrist, or even a GP first, for an assessment and consideration of drug treatment, and later, if there are remaining issues, consider seeing your psychologist again, when you can afford that, to deal with those other matters. I know that you can be feeling greatly better than this.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.