Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
06 Aug 2007
please help me
I have been given 5 days to get my weight up, suffering from bulimia and I have a mental block, I don't want to gain weight even though i'm too thin I just don't see it.I;'m so stressed because life has just begun and they want to send me away again.Only I can do this but how do I cope with this stress.I usually binge when I get affraid from feeling too full but now I feel I have no where to go.Please, how do ordinary people cope with anxiety without resorting to abnormal behaviour like binging, drinking or drug abuse.I really can't do this.
Who was it who "gave you 8 days " ? Are you, as you should be, in proper therapy with a properly trained and experienced mental health professional, a shrink ? It sounds as though you have been threatened with being admitted to a clinic, which is unfortunate --- being in a clinic might actually be the best and most comfortable way to get over this problem, but it shouldn't be a threat. And I am convinced that Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ( CBT ) ought to be part of the treatment, so that in addition to the physical care and feeding, you are able to gain control over that mischievous fear of feeling full. You CAN learn to control and cope with anxiety ( and, in deed, to feel less anxious, and less often anxious ) by working with such a counsellor. You CAn achieve this !
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Covid then vs Covid now: The emergence of variants and how the virus has evolved
- Experts want greater transparency about delayed skin reactions some people get from Moderna vaccine
- Traditional healers in South Africa are exposed to infection, but few can get protective gear
- Baby infected with coronavirus in the womb - new study
- Former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste has been charged in Germany. Now what?
- Gauteng DA says it's not defying national leaders by voting to oust Gauteng Premier David Makhura
- High Court judge caught up in maintenance tug of war between ex-husband and daughter
- OPINION | Bavuma captaincy might be a gamble, but it's one worth taking
- Covid-19: Govt says new variants are inevitable, but hopes they will be less ‘lethal’
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9378 votes
67% - 19423 votes