Ask an expert

19 Jul 2010

Pregnant with another woman''s man child
It started out as a fling when i went out with this loving,caring, amazing man. We hanged out together for almost a year until i fell preganat. I found out when i was still three weeks preg. I attempted to terminate but couldn''t bear the thought. I chose to remain preg but now it hits me that i can''t be with him coz he is still envolved with the mother of his three children but they aren''t married. I know that i''m doing the wrong thing by continuing the relationship. the baby is due in a few weeks time and i''m too emotional to even be happy for the baby.

Please Help!
Answer 397 views

01 Jan 0001

OK, that's a bit clearer. Flings do indeed quite often lead to pregnancy, even when flung with loving, caring and amazing men. Now, am I understanding this - you chose to have an affair with a man committed to another woman with whom he has had three children ? ( And unless these are triplets, this must surely have been a rather long-lasting and serious relationship. )
And apparently the pair of you did not take infallible steps to aoid a pregnancy, so this situation could have ben foreseen ?
OK, you have made a responsible decision not to seek an abortion and to give birth and raise the child. THat's fine. Why have you decided to continue the relationship ? And surely you will have discussed all of this in detail with him - what is his view on where you should all go from here ? He now is unmarried, seriously involved with at least 2 women, and the ather of 4 children. How does he plan to support these children financially until they become independent adults ? Has he told the mother of his other three children ? It would be very unfair for him not to tell her.
Its not surprising that you feel confised and anxious - do arrange to see a person counsellor ( which may be available through the Antenatal clinic ) to talk through all this, and to help you work out the best way through this, for yourself, and for the four children.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20327 votes