Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
13 Aug 2007
1,5 Year ago I found out that my husband phoned a prostitutes, he denied that he ever went there but there were 15 phone calls to the same prostitute in a years time. The thing is that I just can not get past it, our sex life is non existent because I dont want him near me on an intimate level, I know this will eventually destroy our marriage. Is there a way to wipe things like that out of your memory or will it be best to seperate and move on. For periods of time it feels that I am over it but something will just trigger it and I have to start all over again to get past it.
I'd also be puzzled about the 15 calls to the same woman. Its not a world I know well, but its hard to believe that she'd provide free conversation, as this would spoil her primary business. You don't need to wipe anything our of your memory, but rather to work on the issue itrepresents, so the memory no longer has the power to disturb you so much. Surely Marriage Counselling is what you both need ?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Type 2 diabetes: Sitting can cause problems with blood sugar levels, so get up and move
- How quickly do we become unfit?
- Covid-19 virus a triple threat: Study exposes how it outsmarts the immune system
- Mixing Pfizer and AstraZeneca Covid vaccines increases mild side effects, early results show
- Covid-19: Do I still need to wear a mask when vaccinated, and other questions
- Questions about stability of Covid-19 platform on Day 1 of second phase vaccinations
- EXPLAINER | 5 things you need to know about phase two vaccinations
- THE ESKOM FILES | Coming home to roost: How big business helped fund Eskom exec’s chicken farm
- Karyn Maughan | After demanding his trial start, will Zuma finally plead to the case against him?
- Wandile Sihlobo | Grain production could be better than expected this year
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20327 votes