Ask an expert

26 Nov 2012

psychiatric care institutions for under 18s
Where, who provides residential care for 16 year olds who are too violent and behave too badly to continue staying at home here in south africa
Answer 329 views

01 Jan 0001

I wish there were dozens of such institutions, but I haven't yet found any one specifically providing a specialised service for this, though any good existing psych hospital should be able to cope. More specifically, the child needs to be seen and assessed by a good local psychiatrist ( you don't mention where in the land you are ) - no institution would want to accept anyone not thus assessed 000 and that shrink can then discuss with you diagnosis, treatment options, whether residential care would be helpful, and if so, which are the best available local resources for this.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9380 votes
67% - 19432 votes