Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
19 Jul 2006
Someone i know recentely lost a baby 3 weeks after birth. She was fine for a while, but resently it seems that she has lost it. She keeps on repeating herself, seems confused, and permanetly in a daze. Is it PTSD. What can i do to help. She doesnt have medical aid, and the hospitals arnt helping her.
I am desperate.
I am desperate.
It dosn't sound like PTSD< but could more likely be a combination of Post-Natal Depression which can include confusion, etc) and grief. I'm sorry to hear that "the hospitals" aren't helping her. Consider trying to arrange for her to be seen by the Dept of psychiatry at her nearest medical school ; perhaps seeing a good private psychiatrist for a single visit for assessment and advice on treatment which she could, with a leter from that shrink, then get from a GP or clinic. ? The Compassionate Friends, perhaps after this, could be a very useful source of further support
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- Risk of blood clots due to Covid-19 much higher compared to risk associated with vaccine - experts
- Why we remember more by reading – especially print – than from audio or video
- Covid-19 causing strokes among young and healthy adults, global study finds
- 10 ways to make yourself poop first thing in the morning
- Appeasing Hitler didn't work, and it won't work with Magashule, says ANC stalwart Mavuso Msimang
- 'Disrespected' Mpofu lays unprofessional conduct complaint against advocate he told to shut up
- EXPLAINER | The last 48 hours of high-drama in the ANC: This is what happened
- Police in crisis: Inside Bheki Cele's stunning dressing down of top cop Khehla Sitole
- Ahmed Areff | This pandemic is an overture to the opera of death and destruction coming our way
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9464 votes
68% - 20193 votes