Ask an expert

01 Aug 2007

Quit smoking
CS, I have been smoking for 40 years and now have to quit (although I still enjoy it). Any advice on making this easier?
Answer 382 views

01 Jan 0001

Try the smoking cessation support room. See a good clued-up GP, as there is a drug now, as well as some nicotine patches, that can help to lessen the craving until it has past. And consider a program like Smokenders. And hearty congratulations on making such a wise decision ! Fortunately, though damage will have been done by the dacades of smoking, benefits start to acccrue, and risks to lessen, as soon as one stops and stays stopped
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9377 votes
67% - 19420 votes