Ask an expert

07 Nov 2006

Re: Help
Hi All,

I would just like to ask for some advice any would do.

This morning my parents were involved in a family feud and i was the one to get in the middle of things and try and sort out the problem between them. I in the meantime got told to shut up or face the fist of my father. I somehow could not shut up and see how he physically abuses and verbally abuses my mother so i was therefore shoved against the stove and told to shut my mouth otherwise my teeth would be lying splattered on the floor. I however didn't shut it not to give my horrible disgusting father satisfaction. He brought up things that were irrelevant and called me names and said words that are unimaginable. I have a wonderful boyfriend who understands me and i love him dearly but today i have just not been able to concentrate at all i keep on running these words my so called father said to me and everytime i think about it i start crying on the inside. It is really hurtful and nasty and i can't stand him anymore. He is living in my house which is under my name and i most definitely want him out of the house but how do i get him out.

He left us for 16 years of our lives him saying that he is going to KZN to work and all we only saw him on holidays and i most definitely know he was having affairs its a given. Secondly he then walks back into our lives and wants to take over. I feel such hatred and anger towards this man, i want to vomit all over him everytime i see him.

Tonight i have to unfortunately go home again and see his gory face and probably listen to more of his verbal abuse.

Is there anybody out there who can offer some valuable advice.
Answer 342 views

01 Jan 0001

Of it is YOUR house and in YOUR name, you can tell him to leave, and call the police to help remove him, as well as lay charges of threatening and assaultive behavious, and get a court order forbidding him from approaching you, your home, your work or your mother ever again. Do not provoke him face to face, but arrange everything with the police and the court, and the advice of POWA by phone, before having him moved out. If he has kets for the house, have the locks changed.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19307 votes