Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
03 Apr 2007
recognising stress in my 8 year old
How would I know if my 8 year old daughter feeling stressed out, especially at this time when we are planning to immigrate. She is not able to articulate her feelings.
There's no magical technique, but you should still be able to discuss it with her --- maybe bnot by asking directly, but talking about how you feel about the plans to move, and asking how she fels about aspects of it. Talking about what she thinks it will be like in the new place, new school, the chance to make good friends --- not sales talk, trying to convince her it'll all be dandy, but interested in how she see things. She will express her feelings most freelly, perhaps, when not asking and talking specifically about feelings as such. And watch aspects like her appetite, and sleep, and ability to concentrate.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Energy drink habit puts man in hospital with heart failure
- Frequently interrupted sleep increases the risk of death, especially in women
- Is your stuffy nose 'stuffing up' your brain?
- Scientists warn against videos alleged to be showing adverse Covid-19 vaccine side effects
- More research provides reassurance on Covid-19 vaccine safety – even for those with severe allergies
- Singh grilling at Zondo commission turns to tug of war on subpoenas
- ANALYSIS | The ANC's tactics to control Parliament laid bare at Zondo commission
- What were the trends in Wednesday's by-elections? We ask 3 analysts
- Ahmed Areff | What a conspiracy involving a 120-year-old lightbulb has to do with your iPhone
- Carbon emissions to surge to second-largest increase in history as economies ramp up
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9439 votes
68% - 20044 votes