Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
22 Nov 2004
I am not sure I even have a problem or perhaps i am being oversensitive. My boyfriend and I have been dating for a year. The problem is that over the past few months I have seen a side to him which i do not like. He is a wonderful man and I am deeply inlove with him, however there are times where we will argue over something trivial and he always needs to win. If I continue to argue with him, he becomes furious and tells me not to come near him. I usually end up in tears because i am convinced he is going to leave me. We get on really well most of the time, but now I am consciously trying to be submissive so that he doesnt get annoyed. I love this man so much and i do want this relationship. Also he said that he is a private person and even though we share alot, he cannot share what he likes sexually with me. I was quite hurt by this, as i thought we could talk abt anything. Now I wonder what else he cannot share with me. I now feel like I need to become a bit more guarded and not as open as I have been in the past. Please advise!
Mabe this illustrates the value of a long courtship, that it gives a better chance of getting to know the person more fully, including aspects you don't like, rather than discovering them only after marriage ! COnsider pre-marriage, relationship counselling, to work out these wrinkles in your communications and relationship. I don't think it's a great idea to base you long-term relatonship on you being submissive and obedient --- that's be bad for both of you. Counselling could help him to open up more --- and if he can't share with you what he likes sexually, he may never find it !
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Scientists find over 100 harmful substances in plastic children’s toys
- Another coronavirus variant detected in SA, but no reason to panic, says KRISP director
- Five a day: Two fruits and three vegetables daily linked to greater life expectancy
- Some employees hate team bonding activities, so they should be made entirely voluntary, say researchers
- Immune response in some Covid-19 patients different to those in other respiratory viruses - study
- Electoral Bill seeks to protect voters' personal info 'from unreasonable disclosures'
- 'Mama, I'm going to play' - final words young boy spoke to his mom before drowning
- Move to Level 1 won't move the dial on growth outlook – economists
- Covid-19: Why Solidarity's vaccine procurement plan may not be feasible
- Brian Molefe adamant that Ramaphosa's 'influence' was used to seal dodgy coal deal
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9371 votes
67% - 19385 votes