Ask an expert

23 Feb 2004

Relationship Problems please help ????????
I and my girl have been going out for about a year now. At the begining of our relationship i juast kissed another girl one and it stop there. But she a the begining of our relationship behined my back still went out with her EX boyfriend for about 2 months. I cought her out and we broke up for a month .after that we got back together again but she 17 is starting to irritate me .She says things like "i love you " and small things she does that i don't like. I can't say i love you because i don't feel like saying that yet ? Whenever i hear her or when she comes and visit me i get irritable with her and she just keeps on naging and naging and i don't like that . i'm almost 26 so the age difrence is a lot and she only wants and she is not mature enough for any relationship she has still got to learn a lot about life and everything else.

I don't say i now a lot about life but i know somethings she doesn't. She a depresive so i'm scared if i leave her that she will try to kill herself and i don't want to have that on my thoughts. So what do i do ? Carry on or let her go my only problem and one of the problems in our relationship is that i'm not a big talker and she is .She says everything thats on her mind and i don't only if and when i really want to i will say something to her. Please help me what do i do?
Answer 369 views

01 Jan 0001

This hardly sounds like a viable long-term relatonship, does it ? Then the choice is not betwen living hapilly ever after, and breaking up now, but, rather, a choice as to when to break up. And the sooner thee better in terms of not encouraging her to develop ever more unrealistic fantasies about the relatonship. I can udnerstand why she irritates you, and wonder why you got back with her the second time.
I understand your concern about her potential distress, so you would want to break the news to her gently, and maybe have a confidential chat with her parents / family, to ask them to help to support her, and to make it clear that you are not being unkind to her in deciding to break up at this time.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.