Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
10 Aug 2007
Hi. I have recently gone onto Remeron 15mg. However, when I take it at night, I get so tired, that people think that I am taking drugs. If I have a sip of alcohol, this effect is actually doubled and I just loll about. Is this normal? I have only been on the medication for 4 days. thanks.
With ANY antidepressant, it is not adviseable to combine them with alcohol --- they make you far more drunk that you'd expect, and the alcohol also undermines the effectiveness of the medication. 4 days is early, as side-effects of any med are worst in the first couple of weeks, so persevere with this useful med. And from your description, it sounds as though you are taking the med "at night" but then partying or socializing after taking it, and that is never wise. Cut back the night-time csocializing, and take the med when you're going to bed
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Type 2 diabetes: Sitting can cause problems with blood sugar levels, so get up and move
- How quickly do we become unfit?
- Struggling to convince someone who's vaccine-hesitant to get Covid-19 jab? Try this approach
- Finding an HIV vaccine: Five lessons from the search for a Covid-19 jab
- Covid-19: Do I still need to wear a mask when vaccinated, and other questions
- Phase 2 of SA's ambitious Covid-19 vaccination drive gets under way countrywide
- If Zuma is ready to go on trial, why is he bringing another doomed case against the NPA?
- State capture: Geoff Makhubo denies his influence was bought
- Ralph Mathekga | Magashule ties ANC's hands
- Soccer teams, film crews, family bubbles - a win for charter flights during pandemic
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20346 votes