Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
12 Nov 2004
scared of hiv
Me and my fiancee are having un-protected sex, we both went to have HIV TEST which came back neg. I am very scared what if he is having an affair outside and contracts hiv.?.he is also very scared to get aids too,I trust him but yu know you can not trust a person that much.now i suggested that we go again every 3 months for tests, and i know he does not like this. what should I do?
OK, you're both HIV negative right now. Using condoms would lessen any other risk --- but isn;t the real problem hwere, that you are engaged to marry this man, and you're scared that he could be having an affair ? If he's as scared of HIV as you are, why would he want to even think of having an ffair and running that risk ? You need lmarriage counselling / pre-marriage counselling, to gain confidence in each other, before going ahead with a marriage under these circumstances. WOuld you plan 3-monthly HIV tests for the next 30 years ?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- SEE: Woman’s nose collapses due to rare autoimmune disorder
- Some form of long-term symptom lingers in one in 10 who had mild Covid-19, new study finds
- HIV and cervical cancer: Behind SA’s extraordinarily high numbers
- 'Hlophe should not only be impeached, he should be put in prison' - Kriegler
- Family finally gets justice 10 years after their three-year-old boy drowned at a North West lodge
- Meet Soweto's 'cemetery navigators' - the men attending to dilapidated graves
- High risks or picky banks: Why is microfinance not taking off in SA?
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Judge Dennis Davis: ‘To accuse the judiciary of being captured is outrageous’
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 19981 votes