Ask an expert

18 Nov 2004

I would like to take your advice about taking my daughter to a child psychologist. Because I was kept away from the world i have battled to fit in. I do not have much of a social life and find it very difficult to meet and chat to people and because of this I do not have friends. I definitely do not want my child to go the same way. She is quite an extrovert and I do not want her to change. I think that I should not live my fears through her, but rather let her experience life for herself.

Could you please advise on where i can find a CP in the East Rand area.
Answer 313 views

01 Jan 0001

Hello Jola,
You sound an unusually wise and thoughtful person. I wonder, though, whether your daughter needs to see a child psychologist ( your GP might know of a good one in your area ). She sounds like an extrovert and active child, without current problems. Maybe the best value for both of you, would be for you to see a counsellor for yourself, to sort out yout own issues and problems, so that you will be a happier and freer person, and will be better able to enable your child to remain happy among people.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19947 votes