Ask an expert

19 Nov 2004

Hi Cyber - A good friend of mine is having problems with 17 yr old daughter / drugs/ cutting. She spent a fortune to send the daughter to Kenilworth for a few weeks and counselling. Daughter has opted out of school as she would have to repeat year meaning she would be much younger than other youth. Daughter now seriously restricted. My friend keeps looking into her eyes to see if she is on drugs. I gave her name of parent support group. I never had this sort of problems with my children so not sure if I understand but can listen and suggest where to go for help (I'm quite resourceful) - In life I have my LBE (Learnt by experience) in most things but not this. Also don't understand about cutting - why do people do it because she no longer takes drugs????? What can I do to help besides just support.
Date: 19/11/2004
Answer 357 views

01 Jan 0001

I've read and snwered this question already --- ceck back at your first posting of it, and don't be so darn impatient !
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20215 votes