Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
19 Nov 2004
Hi Cyber - A good friend of mine is having problems with 17 yr old daughter / drugs/ cutting. She spent a fortune to send the daughter to Kenilworth for a few weeks and counselling. Daughter has opted out of school as she would have to repeat year meaning she would be much younger than other youth. Daughter now seriously restricted. My friend keeps looking into her eyes to see if she is on drugs. I gave her name of parent support group. I never had this sort of problems with my children so not sure if I understand but can listen and suggest where to go for help (I'm quite resourceful) - In life I have my LBE (Learnt by experience) in most things but not this. Also don't understand about cutting - why do people do that....is it because she no longer takes drugs????? What can I do to help besides just support.
I've read and snwered this question already --- ceck back at your first posting of it, and don't be so darn impatient !
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- High doses of vitamin D have no effect on severe Covid infection - study
- ‘We have to be alert, not alarmed’ says KRISP director about B.1.617 variant identified in India
- Are chemicals shrinking your penis and depleting your sperm? Here’s what the evidence really says
- THE ESKOM FILES | La bella vita: The lavish house Eskom exec Hlakudi built with 'bribes'
- 'SA's variant has more mutations' - Prof Karim not overly concerned about India variant
- Sifiso Skenjana | If government wants our trust, getting the budget right is a good start
- 'Nothing concrete so far, let's stop' - Zondo to former Free State DG during testimony
- INSIDE LABOUR | Covid-19 didn't cause union failures - the unions did it themselves
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20215 votes