Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
23 Nov 2005
I am 32 years old and quit healthy. Not really overweight. My problem is that I sometimes get heart pulsifications and my hands shiver. I have been to a GP and he referred me to get tests done on my pituary gald. The results showed that there is a problem in the sense that the gland is very much overactive. I have revieved pills for this. My question is that I am afraid that these pills will make me gain weight and of course I will not want that to happen. Is there maybe ny other cure or some other reason for my simptomes?
It doesn't sound to me in the least like anything wrong with the pituitary gland, so I have no idea what they may have found or what the pills you are taking, might be. Simple Anxiety Disorder, perhaps Panic Disorder, causes a racing fast pulse rate, and trembling of the hands, VERY COMMONLY< and can be helped by simple calming medication and by CBT counselling, if available.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- How to make sense of nutrition labels
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- Some form of long-term symptom lingers in one in 10 who had mild Covid-19, new study finds
- Covid-19 patients have a higher risk of in-hospital morbidity and mortality after surgery
- OPINION | Change your diet to change your cancer risk
- 'Hlophe should not only be impeached, he should be put in prison' - Kriegler
- Family finally gets justice 10 years after their three-year-old boy drowned at a North West lodge
- Meet Soweto's 'cemetery navigators' - the men attending to dilapidated graves
- High risks or picky banks: Why is microfinance not taking off in SA?
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Judge Dennis Davis: ‘To accuse the judiciary of being captured is outrageous’
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19977 votes