Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
11 Apr 2006
Should I quit?
I'm 35 old widow with two kids 4 girl,13boy, dating a 44yrs old widower guy with three kids. At first it was very exciting to meet a man with the same experiences. He introduced me to his kids and i did the same. Now, there's another kids in the picture from outside his marriage, the kids are now visiting him and he did not inform me of their visit. I usually visits him on weekends but now it seems things are not the same because he does not want me to visit, he's telling me that the children need to bond and I won't be getting his attention if i visit while they are still there. He even went to the extend of hiding our photos in his bedroom. U know, this guy promised me so many things like, marriage and other staff and I have been so supporting towards his kids because they lost their mother. Now I'm suffering because of the other kids that he made while he was still married to late wife. But what i don't understand is that he keeps on telling me that he loves very must and i shud understand his position. He also HIV+ and I'm HIV-, but i found that out later in the relationship but i was still supportive. I told him I miss him and I also need his time as much as the kids. What should i do? I'm trying too hard?
Sounds fishy, doesn't it ? What makes you think he is really going to be ready for re-mariage, or even for a stable and loving continuing relationship ? And for him not to have told you that he is HIV* and to have left you to discover this yourself, is also disturbing. Maybe you are indeed trying too hard --- is he worth all that effort ? It doesn't sound as though he is seriously interested in committing to you. Things like hiding the photos are deeply suspicious
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- Some Covid-19 'long-haulers' showing signs of fatigue, mood disorders three months after infection
- WATCH | How face masks protect you against Covid-19
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- 'It was hell' - daughter of KwaSizabantu preacher speaks out about abusive childhood
- Dominant ANC faction behind my 'unlawful, radical and premature suspension' - Ace Magashule
- ANALYSIS | Cyril Ramaphosa's fight against corruption can't be taken seriously while budgets are cut
- Massive police deployment in Western Cape crime hotspots could be costing SA millions
- Karyn Maughan | Zondo Commission cash crunch puts brakes on state capture prosecutions
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20296 votes