Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
11 Apr 2006
Should I quit?
I'm 35 old widow with two kids 4 girl,13boy, dating a 44yrs old widower guy with three kids. At first it was very exciting to meet a man with the same experiences. He introduced me to his kids and i did the same. Now, there's another kids in the picture from outside his marriage, the kids are now visiting him and he did not inform me of their visit. I usually visits him on weekends but now it seems things are not the same because he does not want me to visit, he's telling me that the children need to bond and I won't be getting his attention if i visit while they are still there. He even went to the extend of hiding our photos in his bedroom. U know, this guy promised me so many things like, marriage and other staff and I have been so supporting towards his kids because they lost their mother. Now I'm suffering because of the other kids that he made while he was still married to late wife. But what i don't understand is that he keeps on telling me that he loves very must and i shud understand his position. He also HIV+ and I'm HIV-, but i found that out later in the relationship but i was still supportive. I told him I miss him and I also need his time as much as the kids. What should i do? I'm trying too hard?
Sounds fishy, doesn't it ? What makes you think he is really going to be ready for re-mariage, or even for a stable and loving continuing relationship ? And for him not to have told you that he is HIV* and to have left you to discover this yourself, is also disturbing. Maybe you are indeed trying too hard --- is he worth all that effort ? It doesn't sound as though he is seriously interested in committing to you. Things like hiding the photos are deeply suspicious
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Is your stuffy nose 'stuffing up' your brain?
- WATCH | Covid-19 vaccines: Pfizer fast facts
- OPINION | Ivermectin: Why a potential Covid-19 treatment isn’t recommended for use
- Covid-19 infection indoors: This app can tell you how long it will take to catch the virus
- Scientists warn against videos alleged to be showing adverse Covid-19 vaccine side effects
- Zama Ndlovu | How men with money are ruining politics for the rest of us
- Sifiso Ntombela | SA needs 'inclusive agricultural growth', but what does that mean?
- EXPLAINER | What we know about the day the Coka brothers were killed on an Mpumalanga farm
- INTERVIEW | PSG’s Mouton on executive pay: 'The greatest CEOs, you cannot pay enough'
- Green light for Hlophe participation in Western Cape High Court interviews after Winde agrees to attend
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9439 votes
68% - 20025 votes