Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
04 Aug 2008
In the area I live I am very near to all amenities and normally walk to the nearest Spar or quickshop. The people in the area know my daughter and I very well because they see us taking our walk now and then. My daughter is 2 years old and a typically little girl who likes to dress up. On Saturday I was disgusted to the point where I didnt want to leave my house again. I was walking from the Spar and she was walking next to me eating a chocolate. 3 guys were approaching us from the opposite direction. I' m the type of person that believes that you cannot think ill of someone if you dont know them. One of the guys greeted me and I greeted back. Then he says to me that I have a very pretty daughter and I thanked him. Then he proceeds to ask me if he can have her so that he can have some fun with her. I was so disgusted and I couldnt believe that a grown man could say something like this. I was so horrified that i picked her up and basically ran home but he continued asking me. I didnt want to be rude as I didnt know if they were under the influence of drugs of alcohol. Is this world really this sick that men will openly ask questions like this. My daughter is my world and I would kill if anybody had to do something to her. Even sitting here writing this I am fuming, and just needed to get it off my chest.
What a disgusting experience ! Its never something a person would joke about, drunk or sober. I'd have throught of calling the police once you got home, if there was any chance they were still in the neighborhood. Discuss it with Childline, and check out other options
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- THE ESKOM FILES | Money for jam: StefStocks, Basil Read accused of fleecing millions from Kusile 'scheme'
- State alleges Nafiz Modack manages criminal enterprise
- How the EFF wants to change the Constitution
- Bruce Cameron | What you need to know about disability assurance and mental health
- Unfriendly fire: Top cop Khehla Sitole, fired Crime Intelligence boss Peter Jacobs trade blame over Kinnear murder
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9474 votes
68% - 20305 votes