Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
06 Dec 2004
Sister has been raped, wot must i do
My sister was raped a while ago and she is now staying with me. I think that I have done as much as I can 2 be there for her and to be supportive but at the same time I'm not really sure wot is expected of me so I donno that I've done enough. I live in a small place and as it would happen generally in these circumstances we are getting on each others feet. We had a disagreement about boundaries and respecting each other's space and property, she does not respect mine at all. We've had this kind of argument many many times before but she just carries on doing things that don't show respect. Am I supposed to let this slide because she's got so many other things 2 deal with? Am I being insensitive and a bad sister? Should I let her do what she wants until she's ok? Please help.
I hope she is seeing a counsellor ( and if not, she should be ) to work on getting over this awful experience. But that doesn't justify her being thoughtless and inconsiderate when sharing your home. You're not being a bad sister, and you're not being inconsiderate. Excellent responses rom emmem shaun and liza --- I fully agree. Talk it over with your sister, and negotiate a better balance.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- Scientists invent home Covid-19 test using coffee machine capsules
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- Late-night snacks may negatively impact your work performance
- 10 ways to make yourself poop first thing in the morning
- OPINION | How one tiny country streaked ahead of SA in its digital transformation
- Days of reckoning for Zuma and Hlophe: Will ConCourt and JSC imprison and push to impeach?
- With Edgars now in its stable, how does Legit-owner Retailability compare to its rivals?
- Eskom official went out of her way to help Econ Oil, and linked them up with Gigaba - probe report
- Adriaan Basson | The end of John Mandlakayise Hlophe, a judicial scoundrel and delinquent
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9425 votes
68% - 19884 votes