Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
22 Dec 2004
sisters boyfriends on drugs...
hi my sisters boyfriends on drugs and i don't know what to do, he told her that he USED to be on drugs then he found out that he's still on drugs, i don't know what advice to give her, because i've seen her get hurt too many times, and i want to tell her to drop this LOSER, but how do i do it, i think she's fallen in love with him! please help!!!
I'm guessing that it was SHE who found out he was still on drugs ( he must have been very aware of that himself). She needs to face the fact that he is a loser, and a liar, and that she cannot rely on him for anything. If she insists, she can fall in love with her own fantasies of who he mioght have been ( but he isn't) and ignore the reality in front of her, but that never leads to happiness. She's an adult, and entitled to be stupid if she chooses ; all you can do is to advise affectionately, and be around to pick up the pieces.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Scientists invent home Covid-19 test using coffee machine capsules
- Covid variants have changed the game - vaccines won't be enough. We need global ‘maximum suppression’
- Are people who had Covid-19 more likely to develop blood clots? Study finds out
- Is fasting the best way to start a diet? For people with metabolic syndrome, the answer is yes
- Despite risk of severe Covid-19, mask-wearing inconsistent in people with underlying conditions
- SIU investigating Eskom’s Jan Oberholzer after 3 previous probes found no irregularities
- Respected but suspended: Eskom's Solly Tshitangano faced similar misconduct charges in 2005
- Clawing back lost money: Eskom's claim against Econ Oil bigger than initially thought
- From a glacier to steps - 10 things named after Prince Philip
- World renowned opera singer Sibongile Mngoma and NAC occupiers served with eviction order
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9422 votes
68% - 19857 votes