Ask an expert

10 Dec 2004

social anxiety
Hi Doc. Is there a medication that you can take for social anxiety, stress, general anxiety and mood swings. I lost my b/f over these issues, so it is starting to influence my life.
Answer 336 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi D,
Yes, there are medications which can help this bundle of problems, usually very successfully. They're only available on prescription, so you'd need to see a psychiatrist for them, which is the best way, to get a proper assessment, confirmation of the diagnosis, and a discussion of your treatment options.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20295 votes