Ask an expert

16 Aug 2007

Social Phobia
I need information on where I can go to get help with social phobia
Answer 435 views

01 Jan 0001

There's no one special place ( and besides, I don't know where you are ). BUT any competent psychiatrist or psychologist ought to be able to help you. In my experience, the best results come from combining counselling / therapy of the Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy model, with some medications which are also used to treat depression.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9365 votes
67% - 19346 votes