Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
02 Apr 2007
Son & Boyfriend- How to introduce them?
How do I introduce my eleven year old son to my fiance? I've known this guy for three years now and we are planning to get married next year. So last year my son was with me and the boyfriend came to see me, I said to him he is my friend because I didn't know how to tell him. So he asked me again this weekend because he called him. I told him he should call him unclecoz he older than him. My friends I shouldn't expose him to my man at the first place. So my question is how should I tell him about my relationship? How long sholud I wait to introduce him to my man?
For Pete's sake, if you nhave ANY idea of marrying this guy, your son needs to know who he is, what sort of relationship you have, and to have LOTS of time to get to know and like him. Why on earth try to keep this a secret for so long ? I agree with RMC and Maria. DO things together. If the boy is in boarding school, all the more reason to get him able to know the guy asap, and on every opportunity that arises. The degree of jealousy is normal enough, but will be exaggerated by the feeling that something underhand is going on, rather than by openness. And emphasize that he will always be your son and always be loved as much.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- A third of Covid survivors suffer neurological or mental disorders, a new study finds
- Pfizer vaccines are coming. Here’s how SA could prepare its cold chain
- Are people who had Covid-19 more likely to develop blood clots? Study finds out
- Scientists invent home Covid-19 test using coffee machine capsules
- Covid variants have changed the game - vaccines won't be enough. We need global ‘maximum suppression’
- Karyn Maughan | Hlophe found guilty of impeachable misconduct, does not guarantee his removal
- Ramaphosa under pressure to account for alleged role in Eskom’s troubles
- Hawks close in on Mahlobo over parallel spy structure
- Alleged irregularities in Unisa’s R3 million accommodation deal probed
- 'Hit list' worries ANC in Eastern Cape
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9423 votes
68% - 19864 votes