Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
26 Nov 2004
Son visits friend
My son is 9 years old and has a very nice friend that is in the same class. Sometimes the friend’s mother would phone me that she did pick my son up from school and took him to their house to visit his friend. I was not informed about this beforehand. I only am phoned once he is at their house. This is very nice and descent people. For some reason or another, I feel a little bit uncomfortable about this. Do I have reason to be unhappy about this? If so, how should I handle this? I do not want to be the reason why my son looses his friend.
Well, Johan, of course from this distance, it's hard to know wheher there is anything going on that you ought to fel unhappy about, except bad manners and thoughtlessness on the part of this other family. But your son doesn't need to lose his friend, either. Can't you meet with these parents ( useful to get to know them, anyhow ), and explain that while you're happy that your son and theirs are friends, you'd prefer that they call and check with you in advance before taking your boy home, as you might have other plans for the afternoon, and you don't like to disturb him once the boys are happilly settled together.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Traditional healers in South Africa are exposed to infection, but few can get protective gear
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Phone call anxiety: Why so many of us have it, and how to get over it
- Covid then vs Covid now: The emergence of variants and how the virus has evolved
- High Court judge caught up in maintenance tug of war between ex-husband and daughter
- INTERVIEW | Branches or not, we are SA's largest digital bank and we are not done - Capitec CEO
- Former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste has been charged in Germany. Now what?
- Gauteng DA says it's not defying national leaders by voting to oust Gauteng Premier David Makhura
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Former intelligence head Barry Gilder: 'There is a need for young voices in SA'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19426 votes