Ask an expert

10 Feb 2004

Son's problem<br>son's problem
Hi there everyone. Can anyone out there help me with my son. I have a 3 year old handsome boy. I love him daily and i can do just anything for him. My problem is i am very concerned about his weight. Previously he use not to eat so i take to the GP he gave him some drugs. Now he is eating like nobody's business but i guess his weight is not improving. I think he is too thin as if he does not eat. I really don't know what to do next. I would really love to see my son looking fresh and healthy. What can i do to help him?
Answer 346 views

01 Jan 0001

As cf says, much depends on a complex bundle of factors, including the size of yourself and his dad, and the usual size of people in both your families. You'll need to keep checking with your GP to be sure he has both identified that there is a really significant lack of weight here, and that he has ruled out physical illnesses as a cause. Personally, I would not use any drugs in treating an underweight child ; I'd even hesitate about using vitamin supplements. Ask the doctor ( and, separately, your best local pharmacist ) what drugs these are and what they are being used for.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9425 votes
68% - 19881 votes