Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
13 Dec 2004
My fiancée and I have 3 kids. 2 (14 and 11) girls from his previous marriage and 1 (4) from mine. The problem is that the 2 bigger ones do not live with us and the eldest one has on numerous occasions said that she would like to come and live with us as she does not feel that she belongs with her mother and sister and that they have arguments on a daily basis and that she can not talk to her mother at all. This has now been going on for about 3 years. We are thinking of asking for custody of the eldest one but we are worried on what impact it will have on the relationship between the 2 sisters. Will it be more traumatic than living in a house where she does not feel comfortable and does not feel like home.Please help.
It's really not practical for us to predict the effects of such a change, from this distance. What you're desribing in regard to what the one girl complains of ( interesting that the other girl apparently does NOT complain about this ) ; is unpleasant or annoying, but NOT traumatic, and not likely to cause damage. A counsellor could help you, and maybe also the girl herself, to explore this situation and the different options, in enough detail to understand it properly, and choose the best course of action all round. Do you know that the Ex would think of this posibility ? ( Support it with relief or fight it ? ) and what the other sister thinks about it ? sn't there a need for a lot more discussion all round, before decisions get made ?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- A third of Covid survivors suffer neurological or mental disorders, a new study finds
- Scientists invent home Covid-19 test using coffee machine capsules
- Pfizer vaccines are coming. Here’s how SA could prepare its cold chain
- Are people who had Covid-19 more likely to develop blood clots? Study finds out
- Obesity, diabetes not only increases risk of severe Covid - it increases the risk of being infected
- Days of reckoning for Zuma and Hlophe: Will ConCourt and JSC imprison and push to impeach?
- Eskom official went out of her way to help Econ Oil, and linked them up with Gigaba - probe report
- Adriaan Basson | The end of John Mandlakayise Hlophe, a judicial scoundrel and delinquent
- Trichomonas gallinae disease or canker killing birds in Eastern Cape?
- With Edgars now in its stable, how does Legit-owner Retailability compare to its rivals?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9423 votes
68% - 19865 votes