Ask an expert

15 Nov 2004

Streesed and fustrated
Im 26 yrs old,when I was young I was sexually abused by my cousin brother and I never tell anyone abt this and now its haunting me I dont have peace with myself,love for other people Im always moody and this is destroying my relationships and my friendship with other people.I have anger inside me which always make me sad.Pls help or coz I wanna leave a happy life
Answer 492 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Angie,
ASorry to hear about what happened to you earlier -- you CAN lead a happy life, and deserve to. See a counseloor to work on all these unpleasant eelings. Maybe first see a shrink for an assessment, as you may have a condition like Depression which can be very successfully treated. I agree with Shaun, call Lifeline for advice on a good local counsellor. You need someone with broad skills, and not someone devoted solely to dealing with abuse issues.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19971 votes