Ask an expert

20 Jan 2004

Stress Management
Can you refer me to someone (or an organisation) that offers a stress management programme.

Many thanks
Answer 342 views

01 Jan 0001

Stressed, I'm wondering what exactly you need. If you personally are troubled by stress problems, then you are ABSOLUTELY ALWAYS very much more greatly helped by personally seeing a psychologist or other trained counsellor, who can focus on your specific triggers of stress, your current ways of trying to cope, and on teaching you much better ways to handle stress. No group programme or course, or seminar can come anywhere within miles of being that effective.
If you are looking for some way to provide some form of stress management programme to a company or organization, ie to a large number of people, again, the best would be to provide for them to have even a couple of sessions each, with a good shrink. Apart from that, though I occasionally come across individuals or organizations claiming to offer group sessions or programmes that trach stress management, I haven't been impressed with any of them, as they seem too filled with generalities and gimmicks, rather than proven effective metods or personalized approaches. I wouldn't mind working towards finding better ways to provide such a service to groups or organizations, but I haven't found anything good on offer so far.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.