Ask an expert

26 Feb 2004

stress stress stress
hi there doc

i have a problem. im a 21 year old student and lately ive been subconsciencely suffering from stress. theres no particular reason for this, the one moment im calm and the next i would realize that im very tense and stressed. my health has also suffered from this. is there anyting i can do about this, perhaps medication, seeing a psycologist or exercising perhaps? thnx for your time!

Answer 292 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear andre,
Any or all of the three methods you mention could help. Exercise is the cheapest and easiest to try, first.
If that isn't sufficient, check out the facilities that ought to be available for student counselling, through student health, and chat to a counsellor. If that isn't sufficient, see a doctor ( maybe also through student health ) and try a mild tranquillizer, perhaps Buspirone, which is less likely to disturb one's memory.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9444 votes
68% - 20057 votes