Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
13 Dec 2004
Please could someone out there give me advise on study guidelines. I am study Business Management through Damelin and since its my first time studying in 10 years i've lost that touch of studying do i read through the book and shorten the sentences or do i study from the book itself please help.
Liza's advice is good --- and it would require far more time and space than I have here, to give you the detailed advice you want. Surely Damelin provides soem study skills booklets and advisors ? They shouldn't be allowed to sell courses without providing study skills counselling. And yes, it is usually valuable to read the textbooks first, and then highlight important phrases, and also to produce your own summary, in your own words, which not only helps you to study for exams, but, where you find it hard to summarize something, you pobably don't understand that bit, and thus you identify where you need further study, further reading, or to discuss it with a tutor.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Energy drink habit puts man in hospital with heart failure
- Frequently interrupted sleep increases the risk of death, especially in women
- Is your stuffy nose 'stuffing up' your brain?
- Scientists warn against videos alleged to be showing adverse Covid-19 vaccine side effects
- OPINION | Ivermectin: Why a potential Covid-19 treatment isn’t recommended for use
- Khaya Sithole | Can SA run a vaccine claims fund when the RAF is in such a mess?
- ANALYSIS | The ANC's tactics to control Parliament laid bare at Zondo commission
- What were the trends in Wednesday's by-elections? We ask 3 analysts
- Carbon emissions to surge to second-largest increase in history as economies ramp up
- Zondo commission: Zuma relied on alleged lack of security clearance to institute inquiry against Nxasana
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9439 votes
68% - 20040 votes