Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
11 Feb 2004
I met the most wonderful man 5 months ago. Things were great when he had his own place. He has now moved in with me and I am starting to feel resentful and claustrophobic. I am very independent, like my space and my time alone. Silence rejuvenates me. Since he has moved in, I have none of these things and no time to do things I enjoy. He is constantly with me. I love him, but I need space! How do I tell him without him getting upset and taking it personally?
D, I'm with J on this. Moving in together is a far bigger Thing than most folks seem to recognize. But there's no substitute for talking this through together. It doesn't need to come across as a criticism of him --- you'd be describing an unexpected issue you've found in your reactions. Maybe between the two of you, if you could previously each afford a place of your own, you could afford jointly to find a slightly larger space ? And develop a mutual routine that gave you both what you want, some space privacy and peace, and some togetherness and hubbub ( there's a word I haven't had the chance to use for some time !)
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- A third of Covid survivors suffer neurological or mental disorders, a new study finds
- Scientists invent home Covid-19 test using coffee machine capsules
- Pfizer vaccines are coming. Here’s how SA could prepare its cold chain
- Are people who had Covid-19 more likely to develop blood clots? Study finds out
- Covid variants have changed the game - vaccines won't be enough. We need global ‘maximum suppression’
- Eskom official went out of her way to help Econ Oil, and linked them up with Gigaba - probe report
- Trichomonas gallinae disease or canker killing birds in Eastern Cape?
- With Edgars now in its stable, how does Legit-owner Retailability compare to its rivals?
- Days of reckoning for Zuma and Hlophe: Will ConCourt and JSC imprison and push to impeach?
- Adriaan Basson | The end of John Mandlakayise Hlophe, a judicial scoundrel and delinquent
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9423 votes
68% - 19865 votes