Ask an expert

31 Jul 2008

Suicidal continue
I did as you suggested and phoned my gp to reccomend a therapist that specialises in CBT. The gp said I must come in asap for drugs for the depression (???) and then also gave me a contact number for a psychologist spesialising in CBT. She said it' s not necessary to see a psichiatrist.

What' s your opnion? A psychologist and gp or a psychiatrist?

And now to just decide whether I should actually make the effert to go

Answer 376 views

01 Jan 0001

Its probably not an either-or situation. See the psychologist first for a full assessment, and to start CBT. ANd she can confirm whether there'd be value in ALSO seeing a psychiatrist for consideration of adding antidepressants or whatever to the treatment. DO make the effort --- you're so well worth it !
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.