Ask an expert

12 Apr 2006

support base
What do I do if my children don't want to support me when my husband abuses me? They say they don't want to get involved.
Answer 350 views

01 Jan 0001

Its really hard to comment with so little information available, such as the children's ages. Younger children may be over-influenced themselves by the abuser. But they're less important right now --- your immediate task is to call POWA and work with them and similarly experienced counsellors, to plan a safe withdrawal from this situation of abuse, and to start a new, safe and happier life for yourself ; maybe, if apt, applying for a court order forbidding him from approaching or harrassing you in any way
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20230 votes