Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
15 Nov 2004
Throwing people away???
Is it unreasonable to be upset after finding out that a relative has given an unplanned baby up for adoption? She has three other children already and working part-time. What I do not understand is why all the secrecy around it. Another relative happened to see it written on the chart when she was being admitted. How can she throw a human being away like that? Or am I just sentimental because I also have a small baby of my own. But I feel very sorry for the child and think that as people we should learn that our actions have consequences.
I'm not quite sure why you fel that this is your business ? If she is unable to care properly for the child, the child may have a far happier life if given for adoption to someone who really wants him / her. But this relative surely urgently needs detailed advice about contraception, so as to stop having babies she can't afford to care for properly. Unplanned babies are not unavoidable.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- Some form of long-term symptom lingers in one in 10 who had mild Covid-19, new study finds
- SEE: Woman’s nose collapses due to rare autoimmune disorder
- Covid-19: Men create more antibodies after asymptomatic infections and keep them for longer – new research
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- Storm in a teacup? Rooibos farmers fear the worst as they await price fate
- ANC deputy chief whip called a “fool” by EFF MPL
- There’s 'nothing special' about it: JSC feels 'no pressure' to finalise John Hlophe matter
- Will the ANCYL's new task team be able to fix the youth wing?
- 'My heart broke in half' - Miguel Louw's mother, sister speak of their emotional turmoil
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9428 votes
68% - 19906 votes