Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
30 Nov 2005
Time is a good healer
Last nite as I was going through my diary for last year I realised that last year exactly this time of the year I was going through a terrible heartbreak after my boyfriend dropped me. I never thought that I would get back on my feet but now one year down the line I am laughing at myself for allowing myself to go through such unreasonable depression. I have just realised that he really was not worth my time and that time is a really good healer. To all the brothers and sisters going through a divorce, serparation or any kind of heartbreak please be strong and in time you will realise that it was not worth it. It might be difficult for now but trust me, it will come to pass.
Hi Survivor, Thanks for reminding us of tat great fact. Isn't it a pity that while Time almost always does heal, it seems almost impossible for us to believe that it will do so, at the time we most need to be reassured ? That's one reason why it is essential to forbid oneself to take the idea of suicide seriously, as we need to survive long enough to find out that it all mattered so much less than it felt like at the time
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- 6 unhealthy eating behaviours on the rise during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Vaccine side effects are not uncommon - so, with J&J's jab: What are they, who gets them, and why?
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- Jail me, Zuma dares ConCourt as chief justice plays politics in JSC interviews
- Not having access to mental health treatment a violation of human rights - expert
- AfriForum and NSFAS at loggerheads over defunding of students
- Bonginkosi Madikizela qualifications scandal: Here is what you need to know
- National police deployments work, but only if there is a plan of action – expert
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19939 votes