Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
15 Jul 2008
Time to divorce?
When does one decide enough is enough!? I’ve been married for 13-years and my husband is much older than me. Our circumstances for the last 11-years never changed. My husband is working long hours and this result him in never being at home. His daily routine consists of eat, sleep, wake-up, to work and going home. I’m responsible for the rest – taking care of the kids, the household, if the car needed to go for a service it’s my responsibility to arrange it. Husbands don’t have any other responsibility than to provide money. I have begged him, to please help me; I’m tired of doing everything on my own. I’ve been fighting for the last 11-years to get him to please look at our budget… still without any luck. With him always at work and the minimal at home, our sex life is down the drains, I’m used to getting no attention, love and care. This also resulted in me, seeking friends that are willing to charm me and make me feel gorgeous again. I have had an affair but ended it and promised myself that I will never ever betray my husband. But since the affair ended the spark is out of my life, nothing to life for. I have asked my husband how he will react if I told him that there is another person in my life. He had mixed emotions, but I have asked him I have begged him for 11-years to change, to take control, to be the man of our house but still no commitment from his side. My husband will tell me about 10 times a day that he loves me, but this is meaningless to me, as I have begged and fight with him to change and he doesn’t care. How can you love someone but you don’t care to make that person happy. I have lost all my respect for my husband and indirect I blame him for my affair because if he gave me attention and cared for me then I would have had to betray him. Please help me. Is there still hope?
Anh chance of talking him into joining you in marriage counselling ? Some men take a mistress, some take a job which can take even more out of a marriage if it isn't kept in proportion.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- Some form of long-term symptom lingers in one in 10 who had mild Covid-19, new study finds
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- Covid-19: Men create more antibodies after asymptomatic infections and keep them for longer – new research
- 10 ways to make yourself poop first thing in the morning
- There’s 'nothing special' about it: JSC feels 'no pressure' to finalise John Hlophe matter
- Will the ANCYL's new task team be able to fix the youth wing?
- 'My heart broke in half' - Miguel Louw's mother, sister speak of their emotional turmoil
- ANC ward meeting marred by pandemonium and violence as pangas fly
- Some members of committee tasked with re-establishing ANC youth wing tainted, warns analyst
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9427 votes
68% - 19893 votes