Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
02 Jul 2010
toddler plays with poo
My son, 3yrs in August, will not stop smearing his poo all over his hands, & sometimes his shirt. He is dyspraxic and has an older brother of 5 1/2 yrs. I have tried to ignore, tried washing him with cold water, tried smacking & shouting - nothing is working! I find it repulsive and its driving me dilly. What am I to do? This happens up to 5 times a day!
It can be a( mercifully brief ) phase in some kids, but if this persists it is more likely to be a sign of a kid who is significantly disturbed for some reason, and who would bemnefit from seeing a shild shrink for a more detailed assessment. Meanwhile, though he may need your help, make him take the responsibility for washing himself and his clothes whenever he soils in this way. And think carefully over whether there is anything going on currently which could be upsetting him more than has been realized so far
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- 6 unhealthy eating behaviours on the rise during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Vaccine side effects are not uncommon - so, with J&J's jab: What are they, who gets them, and why?
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- Jail me, Zuma dares ConCourt as chief justice plays politics in JSC interviews
- Not having access to mental health treatment a violation of human rights - expert
- AfriForum and NSFAS at loggerheads over defunding of students
- Bonginkosi Madikizela qualifications scandal: Here is what you need to know
- National police deployments work, but only if there is a plan of action – expert
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19939 votes