Ask an expert

12 Jul 2010


I''ve been suffering from Trich since i was 11. I''m now 30 and i''ve had ENOUGH! I can''t take it anymore. I can''t swim with my children. I can''t go out when it rains. I can''t shower for the fear of someone walking in and seeing me like this.

I need help desperately. I have always tried to stop by myself. Even going to far as to shave my head and wearing a wig. I tried to avoid taking medication as I heard horror stories.

But it''s obvious now that i can''t do it by myself.

Are there ANY medication which helps? How do i go about getting them?

Please i need help.

Answer 517 views

01 Jan 0001

Some people do indeed find some meds help them to control this particular form of obsessive behaviour. But that's not the only form of treatment. Behaviour Therapy or CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) its most modern form, can also be highly effective in helping you to gain control of this. But you would need to be seen by a good local shrink, psychiatrist or psychologist, for a proper assessment, and to ask about both forms of treatment, talking and meds.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.